Here’s to all the extra plates of cookies, extra comforting hugs, and extra helpful advice we get from our grandparents. Now it’s your turn to show those holders of infinite wisdom (and, it seems, infinite candies) that you care. We put together a list of presents that’ll guarantee a good face-smush or cheek-pinch in appreciation.
1. A new way to keep in touch—literally.
Whether you live across the country or just down the block, grandparents will love to “hear” from you through these lamps. Simply tap yours and theirs will light up in recognition.
2. The most mesmerizing work of desktop art.
Glittering sand drifts and shifts to make deserts, mountains, and other freeform landscapes.
3. A future heirloom featuring the fam’s favorite recipes.
Have Grandma and Grandpa compile everyone’s favorite dishes so future generations can love them, too.
4. The perfect pick for a scotch-loving grandparent.
This set of sustainably forested wooden toothpicks is infused with a barrel-aged, Islay single malt from a 200-year-old distillery. In other words, Pops-approved.
5. A treat that’ll warm her heart (and toes).
Grandma will get all warm ‘n’ fuzzy over these slippers. Just pop them in the microwave for extra coziness, and to release the embedded lavender aroma.
6. A gift that’s meant to really keep on giving.
Present your favorite recipe on this plate, decorated with instructions to pass it onto someone new afterward. Perfect for grandparents with a giving heart.
7. A family keepsake in the making.
With prompts inside to spark important memories and lessons, this book will help your grandparent pen a memoir worth treasuring.
8. Personalized art to celebrate the moment she officially became “grand.”
New grandmothers will swoon over this personalized piece—including room for a photo, a flower representing the grandbaby’s birth month, and both baby and grandma’s names.
9. This new, earthy take on the classic family portrait.
Nature-loving grandparents will appreciate this customized piece, made from found pebbles, shells, and pieces of wood to represent your family.
10. A cozy way to celebrate your family ties.
Weave everything your family loves together in this one-of-a-kind tapestry.
11. An impressive spice kit for your more culinary kin.
For the Gram and Gramps who know their way around the kitchen—a 15-blend, global spice kit worthy of the pros.
12. Tea that’s good down to the last drop.
Put a novel spin on tea time with these dissolvable drops. Just add hot water—all the sugar, spices, and organic tea are included.
13. The best kind of elephant in the room.
Ambient lighting combined with the ultimate matriarchal symbol.
14. A cribbage board that can be customized with a lake of your choice.
Pegged (get it?) as the most fun game to bring on a family vacation.
15. A journal for filling with fond memories.
This fill-in-the-blank style book will guide you in creating a gift that’s sure to get grandparents teary eyed.
16. An evergreen piece of glowing home décor.
Grandma and Grandpa’s place is already filled with love and light, but this tea-light holder turned landscape adds another layer of warmth.
17. A garden puddler that holds butterfly-attracting minerals.
Grandma’s garden is a magical place. Now she can invite even more enchantment by encouraging butterflies to stop by for a visit.
18. A bottle opener that knows how to play ball.
If Grandpa’s favorite past-time also happens to be America’s, he’ll love cracking open a cold one with this opener made from real, game-used baseball bats.
19. A godsend for long days spent working in the garden.
Grandma can set her tools and herself right on this seat-slash-tool-caddy.