We’ve all got that friend who seems to have everything, but for whom cop-out birthday gifts are simply not enough. Thankfully, “uncommon” is our middle name. Or our first name. Whatever. The point is, we’ve got plenty of stuff your tough-to-shop-for bestie will love. Just keep scrolling.
1. Porcelain planters shaped like prehistoric pals.
Who doesn’t love a little dino? Whether your best pal’s a fan of T-Rex, long necks, or the three-horned triceratops, these planters—perfect for low-maintenance succulents—will be sure to please.
2. A spigot that rocks (pun intended).
Are we entering dad joke territory? We don’t care. Just have ’em pop a bottle in the top and their booze presentation will be solid.
3. A petite superhero that holds up their favorite books.
Trust us, he’ll watch over their prized hardbacks.
4. Bloody Mary “branches” that take garnishes to the next level.
We’ve all seen those insane Bloody Marys that are a thing now—you know, the ones piled high with pickles and fried treats? Well, if your best bud’s a brunchmaster, they can make them themselves… with these.
5. Headphones they can swag-ify themselves.
DIYers will jump at the chance to decorate their own pair of custom headphones, and this crafty kit makes it easy.
6. Prints that keep foodies in the know year-round.
Ever wondered what foods are in season in your home state? Chances are your locavore friend has, and these ultra-specific prints will help ’em keep track when their brain power’s low.
7. A doormat to bring the ball game to them.
Run home and slide into a home run with this fun, welcoming doormat for baseball lovers.
8. Runners’ gloves with LED lights to keep things lit 24/7.
So your friend’s into fitness. Can’t buy them new running shoes? Relax: These lightweight, light-up gloves will add a new, illuminating dimension to their regular workout.
9. A birthday puzzle for astrologers and gemologists alike.
Why buy a puzzle with only one side when you can have one that sports two instead? They’re both birthday-related and everything!
10. A white oak flight ideal for tasting whiskey.
Made from recycled wine barrels, this sturdy flight holds three glasses just right for sipping on whiskey, bourbon, or scotch.
11. A tea leaf reading kit for budding mystics.
Is your amigo constantly visiting psychics? Getting their aura photographed? Reading horoscopes? Give them a chance to tell their own future with a kit that comes complete with a history lesson.
12. An Old World take on a decidedly modern game.
Zounds! This Shakespearean iteration on a certain inhumane card game sure is something, and we guarantee proud nerds will love it.
13. A duo of glasses for more sophisticated drinking games.
Leave ping pong balls and red plastic cups to the young’uns. These made-to-last glasses won’t wind up crushed on their mom’s front yard.
14. Seemingly infinite peanuts.
Sure, they could put anything in this giant peanut snacking bowl. But we’d recommend more peanuts… you know, for visual effect.