They tell us not to live in the past. We say it’s kinda fun back there. Here are a handful of gifts that’ll have them smiling like a kid on Christmas morning. (Ah, those were the days.)
1. Coasters that let them reminisce as they sip.
Choose pics from favorite memories and milestones: a wedding, a baby, the vacation that led to said baby.
Personalized Photo Coasters – $65-75 Buy Now »
2. A reel viewer filled with special pics.
It’s like a slideshow, but one they’ll want to sit through. Remember: You’re the view master now.
Create Your Own Reel Viewer – $29.95 Buy Now »
3. A pup that glows with a gentle squeeze.
What’s better than a birthday party balloon animal? One that becomes their faithful watchdog every night.
Balloon Dog Nightlight – $25 Buy Now »
4. A card game for pop culture junkies.
Songs with a number in the title. Go! We knew listening to Dolly’s “9 to 5” over and over would come in handy one day.
I Gotta Go With… Card Game – $25 Buy Now »
5. A bottle opener with an industrial past.
This design was first used in ’50s. We love the vintage look, and that it takes caps off without denting the middle.
Vintage-Inspired Craft Beer Opener – $40 Buy Now »
6. A ball that makes ice cream when they play.
Add ingredients and ice. Play with ball. Open it up. Scream for ice cream.
Play Your Way Ice Cream Maker – $50 Buy Now »
7. A poster that reveals kid’s books they’ve read.
Charlotte’s Web? That was some pig (and some book). Hunger Games? May the odds of uninterrupted reading time be ever in their favor.
100 Kid’s Books Scratch Off Poster – $15 Buy Now »
8. A campfire roaster that lets ’em “fish” for their food.
We once toasted a marshmallow THIS BIG.
Fishing Pole Campfire Roaster – $19.99 Buy Now »
9. A magnifier that doubles the size of their phone display.
We always wondered what viral videos and cat gifs would look like on a retro TV. No rabbit ears necessary.
Smartphone Magnifier – $30 Buy Now »
10. A camera that makes pics look artsy.
There was a time when “filters” just… happened. This camera lets them take and print photos with some old school style.
Diana Instant Camera – $25-139 Buy Now »
11. A pillow that captures the magic of the mixtape.
Do not attempt to fit this pillow in your Walkman. Give it to someone who’d love to cuddle up with it while listening to slow jams with their sweetie.
Personalized Mixtape Pillow – $58 Buy Now »
12. A glow-in-the-dark putty you can draw on.
Stretchy putty and trippy black light: Two very different times in our youth come together, and it makes us really happy.
Black Light Putty – $15 Buy Now »
13. A tray that pays tribute to TV dinners.
One episode of Golden Girls. One meal. Done. Okay, maybe two episodes.
Stoneware TV Dinner Trays – $24 Buy Now »
14. Coasters made from vintage vinyl.
Put the needle on the record, and their glass, too.
Upcycled Record Coasters – $18 Buy Now »
Shop more fun finds for the holidays »