The saying goes that nothing compares to the thrill of seeing your name in print. Nowadays, we could argue that seeing our name listed online, recommended on TV, or mentioned on a podcast gives us that same intoxicating feeling. We’re always excited when our friends in high places share our goods with their loyal fans. Thanks to our amazing media partners, we’ve experienced this adrenaline rush many times this year. Read on for uncommon goods that were recently recommended by a few of our favorite press outlets.
1. These lamps help you stay connected to faraway loved ones.
Time to “tech” the halls! With just a simple tap (and a Wi-Fi connection), you can illuminate another connected lamp anywhere around the world—sending a message of love without words.
“This is a lovely gift for that special someone who is far away.” – TODAY
2. These little miracles relieve puffy, tired, and itchy peepers.
Made from Finnish bedrock that’s more than two billion years old, these make for a rock-solid spa treatment at home.
3. An elegant solution for discarded shells.
There’s bound to be someone on your list who seemingly has everything. Well, almost everything…
4. Acrylic wine glasses that can float upright in water and stand in the ground.
“This is genius, I love these.” – Jenn Falik, TODAY Show
5. Designed by a mom, this accessory transforms a bib into an airtight food container.
You’ll secretly wish this was available in adult sizes.
6. This poster challenges you to screen 100 iconic films.
After you’ve watched each movie, use a coin to scratch off each title and reveal colorful artwork underneath.
7. A geode-inspired puzzle to keep you busy during snow days.
For loved ones who are up for a challenge, Business Insider says this puzzle will “exercise their brain in new and exciting ways.”
8. A foot massager handcrafted with birch wood.
Because you can’t be merry if your feet are weary.
9. Socks that are custom knit with any phrase of your choosing.
The possibilities are endless—as long as your personalization fits within eight characters at the ankle and twenty characters across the toes.
10. Elegant glass planters designed for passive hydroponics.
Plant parents, meet the newest member of your windowsill family.
“…I found an indoor herb garden kit that makes growing herbs effortless—yes, even if you abandon them for a week.” – Real Simple
11. A clever table that grips to the arm of your sofa.
“Give yourself an excuse to curl up for hours on end with this genius table…” – Real Simple
12. A ceramic soap dish that lets excess water drain into the sink.
It is believed that beautiful supplies could make washing dishes kind of fun, at least according to our friends at Real Simple.
13. This stemless wine glass doubles as a chalkboard.
The glass makes a great gift for wine lovers, your favorite party host, or just a creative friend who turns everything they touch into a work of art. Bonus: they’re dishwasher safe, so you’ll have a fresh canvas for the next party.
“Whether you have a hard time keeping track of whose glass is whose or you just want to do a little art while you sip your summery rosé, these stemless glasses (available in sets of two) are great problem-solvers.” – Real Simple
14. An indoor garden that blooms with the help of technology.
L, E, D, it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3. All you have to do is follow three simple steps to prepare your harvest, and technology will handle the dirty work.
15. A collapsible table designed to hold all the elements of a classic picnic.
Our friends at theSkimm really do know how to “make it easier to live smarter” (one bottle of wine at a time).
16. A compact tote that keeps your wine chilled.
This over-the-shoulder tote is equipped with all the happy hour essentials: wine glasses, checkered napkins, a bottle opener, and insulated storage for your bottle.