Construction Plate & Utensils – $14.95-$17.50 Buy Now »
Your kid has yet to discover that broccoli is delicious and they won’t touch anything that isn’t an unnatural color with a ten-foot fork. It’s going to be OK. While letting your kiddo live on gummy bears and microwaved mac ‘n cheese alone certainly isn’t an option, sneaking some healthy good stuff in their favorite meals is. These tips make breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes healthier, but they’re still completely kid-friendly. Serve up each meal with our Construction Plate & Utensils and your little one might even ask for seconds.
Breakfast: Kid-Approved Baked Goods
As the old saying goes, it’s the “most important meal of the day.” But if that meal is packed with sugar, your kiddo will crash before lunch. Start the day right by replacing the refined sugar in baked goods like mini muffins or waffle bites with a fruity alternative.
- 1 cup of no-sugar-added applesauce easily replaces 1 cup of white sugar
- Mash 3 medium bananas and add a splash of water to get the equivalent of 1 cup of sugar
Lunch: Sneaky Mac Attack
Most kids love mac ‘n cheese, but it isn’t exactly loaded with vitamins. Try adding pureed butternut squash to your cheese sauce to create a kid favorite that you can feel good about.
- No time to bake mac from scratch? Add the puree of 1 squash (or 1 package frozen puree) to a box of macaroni and cheese while you’re mixing in the butter and milk
Dinner: Veggie Spaghetti
Even kids can get sluggish after a carb-heavy dinner. Make spaghetti night even better with oodles of zoodles and veggie sauces.
- Mix equal parts spiralized zucchini noodles and whole wheat angel hair pasta
- Add pureed or finely chopped carrots, onions, and/or your vegetables of choice to marinara sauce
Make any meal (or even a mid-day snack) a little more colorful by including a green smoothie. Top it with rainbow sprinkles for added pizzazz!
Join the clean plate crew! Get the Construction Plate & Utensils here>>