I have a habit of switching perfumes pretty frequently. I can’t seem to be satisfied with the same aromas for too long because, well, I just get bored. I have never repurchased a scent for myself. I always wonder how some people have that one fragrance that they’ve worn for 15 years. I am always in search of the best scent that describes my mood and my life which is forever changing. I’ve dabbled in perfumed oils, luxury fragrance brands, body mists, and even heavily perfumed lotions. My nose immediately perked up when the Mixologie Perfume Collection joined the UncommonGoods assortment. Some features that got my attention were that the individual bottles are travel friendly and upon first sniff, I was enthralled with the 8 scents on their own. I jumped at the chance to experiment with the different cocktails that this kit suggests and make up a few dozen scents for myself!
I predict that I will find at least four combinations that I enjoy. I also plan on testing how long the scents last without reapplication. The ingredients and quality of this product suggest that I can at least get an 8 hour work day full of scent from this product.
I managed to experiment with 4 of the suggested scent combos during my work week. I applied the perfumes with a dab on both wrists, a little on my neck, and a general swipe on my clothes.
Day 1: With a Twist
Day 2: Super Call
Day 3: Stir Crazy
Day 4: Muddled
I was VERY pleased with my findings:
• The perfume lasted my entire work day with NO reapplications and this was the case with every trial.
• It was very easy to follow the recipes based on the symbol key and convenient packaging.
• I was able to find multiple scents that I loved and suspect that there are so many more that I have not created yet.
• Even though I didn’t travel with the product, I love how convenient it will be to carry multiple perfumes with me anywhere I go.
• I’ve already discovered some favorite scents that are easy to wear on their own: Tenacious, Assured, and Inspired; however, I am sure that this will change soon and I will quickly find new favorites within this collection of good smells. Hooray for never being bored!