- the story
Let The Sun Shine In
Fetch a little whimsy for your flowerbed or garden path with this charming dog sundial, artfully handcrafted by Indonesian artisans in Bali. Using the position of the sun to tell the approximate time, this eye-catching design showcases a stretching spaniel resting atop a recycled steel clock face. Handmade in Indonesia.
Exclusively at UncommonGoods.
- Item ID
- Made from
- sheet metal
- 11.75" dia. x 5" H; 2.2lbs.
- To find true North follow the below instructions:
1. place a stick upright in a level portion of ground. Use a small stone to mark the tip of the shadow by the stick.
2. Measure & record the length between the stick and the pebble.
3. After 15 minutes, place a new pebble on the spot where the stick's shadow has moved to.
4. Measure & record the length between the stick and the pebble.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 every 15 minutes until the length of the shadow is the same length as the first. The shadow will be in the opposite direction, but the length will be the same as when you started.
6. Draw a line between the two marks.
7. Draw a perpendicular line. The direction of this line represents true North.
8. Turn 180 degrees, so that you are facing South.
Care: Wipe clean with a damp cloth; item is powder-coated – to keep metal colors vibrant spray a thin coat of matte varathane once or twice per year.
You might also like…
Wine Soaps - Set of 4 $28.00
Grandparent & Grandchild Letter Book Set $40.00
Dog Lawn Stakes $100.00
Scratch Map $28.95
Stone Drink Dispenser $125.00
My Life Story - So Far $28.00
Himalayan Salt BBQ Plank $29.99
Personalized Whiskey Barrel $200.00
Define Bottle $19.99
New York Times Custom Birthday Book $100.00
- q & a
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Attractive Design
- Easy To Secure
- Weather Resistant
- Back Yard
- Front Yard
Comments about DOG SUNDIAL:
A happy dog that makes us smile! Very quick setup. In order to see it better, we bought a stand for it (a pot) from a local nursery, although it can be anchored in the ground. We liked the color and construction.
- Was this a gift?:
- For what occasion did you purchase this product?: