Daylight Engravings Time
When soaking up the sun and lazing the day away, it can be easy to lose track of time. Keep a leisurely eye on the hour with this pretty, weatherproof sundial. Hang it on any south-facing wall and as the sun moves through the sky the bead-topped gnomon will cast a narrow shadow on one of the engraved numbers to reveal the approximate time. The sundial's face features a delicate glazed sunflower alighted by buzzing bees to brighten your day even when the sun has hidden away. Designed by Jo-Anne and Gerald Warren. Handmade of stoneware, lead-free glaze, and copper in Canada.
Exclusively at UncommonGoods.
- Item ID: 23579
- Materials: copper, glass, stoneware, lead free glaze
- 11" L x 10" W x 0.75" D
- Care: weatherproof
Please note: intended for directional time-telling.
To find true North follow the below instructions:
1. place a stick upright in a level portion of ground. Use a small stone to mark the tip of the shadow by the stick.
2. Measure & record the length between the stick and the pebble.
3. After 15 minutes, place a new pebble on the spot where the stick's shadow has moved to.
4. Measure & record the length between the stick and the pebble.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 every 15 minutes until the length of the shadow is the same length as the first. The shadow will be in the opposite direction, but the length will be the same as when you started.
6. Draw a line between the two marks.
7. Draw a perpendicular line. The direction of this line represents true North.
8. Turn 180 degrees, so that you are facing South. Place your vertical sundial on a wall or fence that is facing in this direction.
Jo-Anne & Gerald Warren
With a name like Amaranth, a mythical flower that is said to never fade, Jo-Anne & Gerald Warren's stoneware has a lot to live up to. Fortunately, it does, both in terms of beauty and durability. Using a firing process that can exceed 2000 degrees, Amaranth products are built to last, withstanding all elements and seasons, yet maintaining their signature charm. The Warren's make sure all their handmade stoneware is made in an environmentally friendly fashion and hope you take as much pleasure in their art as they do in exploring new ways to innovate current standards. See all creations.
Whimsy House - Blue Flower
Upcycled Athletic Robe
Garden Tool Box Tote
Crescent Triangle Necklace
Fish Mosaic Lawn Sculpture
Illuminaire Sun Stake
Gazing Ball with Stand
Stainless Steel Bottle Opener Cufflinks
Reclaimed Teak Wood Rain Ducks
Custom Map Tote Bag
Lobster Lawn Sculpture
Ruled Letter Opener
Plant the Packaging Herb and Veggie Candles
Hog Wild Garden Sculpture