- the story
Find the Time
Outdoor areas will be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with this sweet squirrel sundial. Your new critter friend will scurry across the recycled steel clock face as the day goes on, the position of the sun helping him approximate the time. Handcrafted by Indonesian artisans in Bali, this little guy won't turn tail when you come close; he'll stay right by your side to add a touch of whimsy to your garden, back porch, or front yard. Handmade in Indonesia.
Exclusively at UncommonGoods.
- Item ID
- Made from
- sheet metal
- 11.75" dia x 5" H; 2.2lbs.
- To find true North follow the below instructions:
1. place a stick upright in a level portion of ground. Use a small stone to mark the tip of the shadow by the stick.
2. Measure & record the length between the stick and the pebble.
3. After 15 minutes, place a new pebble on the spot where the stick's shadow has moved to.
4. Measure & record the length between the stick and the pebble.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 every 15 minutes until the length of the shadow is the same length as the first. The shadow will be in the opposite direction, but the length will be the same as when you started.
6. Draw a line between the two marks.
7. Draw a perpendicular line. The direction of this line represents true North.
8. Turn 180 degrees, so that you are facing South.
Care: Wipe clean with a damp cloth; item is powder-coated – to keep metal colors vibrant spray a thin coat of matte varathane once or twice per year.
You might also like…
Tree Hugger Squirrel $40.00
Inch Worm Garden Stake $58.00
Crystal Spiral $45.00
Laundry Drying Rack $19.99
Car and Office Scent Diffuser $19.95
Cat and Mouse Garden Sculpture Set $60.00
Bubble Glass Solar Lanterns $35.00
Glass Teardrop Earrings $86.00
Upcycled Rubber Tread iPad Sleeve $35.00
Gardener's Compost Container $85.00
- q & a