Throw In The Paper Towel
Did you know the average person uses between 2,400 and 3,000 paper towels a year? Throw in the paper towel and tote these reusable alternatives, instead. Made from 100% certified organic Fair Trade cotton, these extra-absorbent and lightweight hand towels are made to curb your paper towel usage at the gym, work or in public facilities.
Printed with non-toxic dyes, these eco-friendly drying solutions help preserve our natural resources by keeping wastebaskets a little lighter. A set of two PeopleTowels are sold in a travel sack, which prevents the towels from getting dirty while you're on-the-move. Sack features a hang tag for easy clipping to backpacks, belts or purses. Keep one within arm's reach or tucked in your purse for grab-and-go drying. Lasts at least one year.
By switching to PeopleTowels for a year, you could potentially save a quarter of a tree, reduce landfill waste by 23 pounds, conserve 250 gallons of water, and cut carbon emissions by 34 pounds.
These estimations are made using the following data:
- 20,000 gallons of water are used/polluted to make one ton of paper towels.
- 17 trees are consumed to make one ton of paper towels.
- It takes approximately 24 trees, 40 feet tall and 6-8 inches in diameter, to produce a ton of paper.
- At work most people use at least 10 paper towels daily (5 trips to the rest rooms x 2 towels).
- A single tree produces around 100 pounds of paper which is about 4 cases of paper towels (2400 sheets weighing approximately 23 lbs.=1 case) The average person uses about 2400 to 3000 paper towels outside the home.
Made in India.