mixed metals bar necklaceby Fernanda Sibilia $85.00
- the story
Bold and Brassy
Argentinian jewelry designer Fernanda Sibilia brings the flair of traditional Latin American handicraft to her rustic, hand-hammered metal pieces. To make this warm, mixed-metals necklace, she deftly shapes brass pieces into flat strands of varying size and then electroplates select pieces with lustrous gold and warm copper. She then lets the magic of oxidation give select pieces a unique patina that varies in hue from dark umber to creamy sea green. The nine richly colored strands are then strung onto thick chain that showcases the various processes that give this accessory its one-of-a-kind allure. Handcrafted in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Make it a set! Pair this necklace with the Mixed Metals Hinged Cuff and Ring.
- Item ID
- Made from
- gold plated brass, patina, Copper plated brass
- pendant 2.75"; chain 18"; extender 2.5"
- Care: Please avoid direct contact with water (salt or fresh), excessive perspiration, and chemicals such as chlorine, sulfur, perfume, detergent, chemical agents, cosmetics or oxidizing cleaning products such as dishwashing liquids. Excessive light, heat or moisture will deteriorate the quality of the plating on the metal. The metal may darken or tarnish with normal wear. After each use, gently wipe with a soft cloth and store in a jewelry box or in a fabric pouch. Do not wipe the metal surface with a polishing cloth because excessive polishing may rub off the plating and is not recommended.
- the maker
Crafting each piece entirely by hand, Fernanda Sibilia creates beautiful, easy to wear jewelry that combines functionality with craft. Particular care and attention is paid to the finish of the metals used, highlighting unusual colors, textures, and patinas. Utilizing a vibrant mix of color, the handmade nature means each piece is unique. Fernanda is inspired by organic 20th century design, traditional Latin American jewelry, and the materials she works with.
Visit the blog to learn more about Fernanda and her work!
embossed patina earrings$85.00
embossed patina hinged cuff$145.00
cerro statement necklace$120.00
trio mixed metals earrings$65.00
modernist circles cuff$180.00
golden sunset earrings$82.00
mixed metals gold ring$98.00
rustling leaves necklace$98.00
rustling leaves earrings$85.00
swirling circles cuff$160.00
patina twist cuff$140.00
mixed metals hinged cuff$115.00
patina disk earrings$60.00
mixed metals necklace$60.00
patina trio necklace$75.00
mixed metals bracelet$98.00
You might also like…
Embossed Patina Hinged Cuff $145
Mixed Metals Hinged Cuff $115
Swirling Circles Cuff $160
Venn Necklace $92
Bespoke Trio Earrings $44
Butterfly Cloud Necklace $145
Mixed Metals Necklace $60
Patina Disk Earrings $60
Trio Mixed Metals Earrings $65
Upcycled Carpet Tote Bag $68
- q & a
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Length
- Good Quality
- Dress Up or Down
Comments about MIXED METALS BAR NECKLACE:
Can be dressed up or dressed down. I like understated, unique jewelry and this was perfect. Certainly not something everyone has. I bought both the necklace and the bracelet and have received compliments every time I have worn them (together or separate). Goes best with neutrals or natural tones that make all of the different colors of plating on the metal pop. Definitely worth the money.
- Was this a gift?:
- No, No
- Who was the recipient of this product?:
- For what occasion did you purchase this product?: